Equilibrium’s Carbon Transition Infrastructure (EQ CTI) platform is dedicated to deploying institutional capital to accelerate the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions across all industries ranging from agriculture to energy and industrials. The CTI team provides project-level equity to design, build, own, and operate distributed and scalable infrastructure assets that contribute to decarbonization through carbon sequestration and/or avoidance. The Team is managing a portfolio of assets and is looking to hire an Associate based out of San Francisco, California or Portland, Oregon, as it continues to deploy capital into carbon transition infrastructure.
Equilibrium innovates and manages sustainability-driven asset investment strategies and products for institutional investors. The firm has developed market-leading platforms in advanced agriculture infrastructure, covering strategies that include regeneratively grown permanent crops, controlled environment foods, and waste-water-energy distributed infrastructure. The firm has offices in Portland, Oregon, San Francisco, California and London, England.
- Coordinate the investment underwriting and due diligence process working with senior investment and technical team members, which includes, but is not limited to: financial modeling, drafting investment memos and other documents, conducting research, coordinating consultants and transaction counsel, preparing checklists, etc.
- Working with other team members, review various legal and project due diligence documents to ensure underwriting standards are followed and IC requirements are met.
- Provide oversight and asset management support of existing portfolio investments, including evaluation of recapitalization and capital enhancement opportunities.
- Working with operating and offtake partners, provide development oversight for projects being tracked for potential investment, including monitoring and verifying site control, permitting, and other regulatory and compliance items that are prerequisites to potential investment.
- Provide portfolio management support for existing investments including budgeting expected performance, evaluating actual performance and implementing portfolio management processes including continuous improvement.
- Cultivate one’s own network in the energy transition and circular economy landscape and, eventually, contribute to overall inbound pipeline and deal flow.
- Support investor relations with preparation of quarterly and annual materials, including individual asset updates, fund level performance analysis, and annual presentations.
- Support the raising of additional capital, including the preparation of offering documents, due diligence inquiries, and meetings with potential investors.
- 3-5 years of investment or M&A transaction experience, including experience with all aspects of transaction structuring and execution. Investment banking, private equity or corporate development experience in energy or infrastructure preferred. Candidates with engineering experience will also be considered.
- Has led or filled an integral supporting role for all stages of deal origination and underwriting, including sourcing, due diligence, negotiations, and acquisition and debt finance documentation.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to cultivate and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally working in a small team environment.
- A passion for sustainable investing and asset management with openness and flexibility to manage competing priorities, shift roles, and grow over time
- Mature and team-oriented with ability to work in dynamic and entrepreneurial environment that may include ambiguity and changing priorities
- Must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or engineering.
- Excited about working and living in San Francisco, California or Portland, Oregon, with the ability to travel frequently as needed approximately 25% of the time.
- Demonstrated excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in project finance a plus.
- A minimum of three years of financial modeling experience or the ability to demonstrate modeling proficiency at this level
Competitive compensation will include a base salary with a potential performance-based bonus and standard benefits that will be commensurate with experience, including potential firm and/or fund-level equity participation based on performance evaluation over time. Benefits include a full array of insurance with a significant employer subsidy (health, dental, vision, disability & life), paid parental leave, tax advantaged savings (HSA, FSA, transportation, dependent care along with 401(K) with company match) and bank-less PTO.
We are, and welcome, all individuals with different and unique traits and classifications, varying cultures, habits, points of view and languages. We are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We and all of our diversity continue to drive the success of Equilibrium. We welcome you to Equilibrium!