Equilibrium is hiring for an Office Coordinator!
Come work at the leading edge of sustainability!
Work with Equilibrium as we innovate, build, and manage sustainability-driven real asset investment strategies and products, including food, agriculture, and carbon transition infrastructure, for institutional investors. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, Singapore, and London, we serve a global list of institutional investors.
You, as Office Coordinator, will be our ambassador by flawlessly serving as receptionist, greeting, assisting, providing direction and information to guests and employees of Equilibrium, and performing various essential clerical and administrative duties in our Portland office. This all-encompassing superstar will be responsible for a general office management, event planning/special events and assisting with travel arrangements. This is an on-site position.
Transform our planet into shared sustainable prosperity through capital markets.
Equilibrium offers a culture where we work independently and collaboratively to bring the best results for our investors and ourselves. A career with Equilibrium allows the opportunity to align values while creating value.
Our Values are summarized in a few words: We; Community; Do the right thing; Innovation; Sustainability at our core. Please see our website for more on our values https://eq-cap.com/about-us/mission/
We are, and welcome, all individuals with different and unique traits and classifications, varying cultures, habits, points of views and languages. We are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We and all of our diversity continue to drive the success of Equilibrium. We welcome you to Equilibrium.
Major job responsibilities include
- Provides administrative and clerical support for all offices with emphasis for the Portland office, located in the Pearl District.
- Prepares, proofs, edits and/or distributes communications, such as memos, announcements, emails, documents, presentations, and other correspondence.
- Performs filing, scanning and recordkeeping, including confidential and personal information.
- Makes recommendations for process improvements in overall file, communication, and office management.
- Maintains corporate directories, organizational charts, and email distribution lists.
- Greets clients, visitors, and guests; verifies the purpose of each person’s visit and directs or escorts them to the appropriate location.
- Answers, screens, and directs phone calls to staff; takes and delivers messages.
- Receives mail, documents, packages, and courier deliveries and delivers, scans, or distributes items.
- Prepares and manages outgoing mail & packages.
- Building access management, including requesting or issuing key cards and keys, logging visitors in, and maintaining guest badge check in/out log.
- Assists executives with expense tracking & reimbursement.
- Manages and maintains conference room calendars; provides scheduling assistance as needed.
- Organizes and manages virtual, offsite, and onsite meetings, preparing agendas, meeting/conference room coordination and preparation, and set-up and clean-up.
- Event planning for teams, offices or company-wide, including securing site and hotel selections, catering, gifts, etc., while adhering to organizational needs and standards.
- Maintains and orders food, beverage and snack items for breakrooms, meetings, and events.
- Point of contact for facility maintenance (contact with property owner, plumber, electrician, etc.) and IT.
- Maintains office organization and supplies, including business cards and Company logoed items.
As the successful candidate, your education and skills include:
- Prior office experience with similar skills, demonstrated progressive growth, and increasing responsibilities.
- Large/worldwide company experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office and other computer programs including telecommunications & video conferencing software.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Good command of English grammar.
- Basic math (add, subtract, multiple & divide).
- Good understanding of what is confidential information and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Confidence with the ability/willingness to ask questions and make recommendations.
- Creative thinking and the ability to use independent judgement to make decisions.
- The ability to work autonomously with limited supervision, as well as part of a team.
- Resilience to work with frequent interruptions and embrace changing priorities and ambiguity.
- College degree or high school diploma (required) with substantial relevant life experience.
- Inspired and passionate about what Equilibrium does and who we are.
- An initiative-taker.
- Extremely organized and detailed oriented.
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- An Oregon Notary (preferred).
- Able to work primarily onsite at our Pearl location in Portland OR on a regular basis.
Compensation for this exempt position includes a salary range starting of $50,000 - $60,000, plus discretionary bonuses, stock options and a full company paid benefit package.
Equilibrium provides a full range of employee benefits, including health, dental, vision, disability & life insurances. In addition to employee insurance premiums that are up to 100% paid by Equilibrium, there is substantial contribution for dependent coverage. Additional benefits consist of paid maternity & parental leaves, tax advantaged savings (HSA, FSA, transportation, dependent care along with 401(K) with company match), life and disability insurances, other supplementary benefits (pet insurance, indemnity plans, and more), nine paid holidays and bank-less PTO.
Visit the Equilibrium Careers page https://eq-cap.com/careers/