Analyst – Business Development
Equilibrium’s Water, Waste and Energy team (EQWWE) through its Funds invests project-level equity in distributed water, wastewater and energy assets. The Funds invest in projects at different stages of the asset life-cycle (from development to operations) and perform asset management throughout the investment period. The Funds’ projects target the agricultural waste, industrial food waste, and municipal wastewater sectors where revenues are generated from renewable energy, waste processing, and nutrient sales. The team is expanding to build a $1 billion portfolio of water, waste processing, and energy assets over the next several years and is looking to hire a junior level Analyst to help evaluate potential Fund investments. This position is integral to value creation. This role is based in Portland, Oregon and reports to the Fund Principal responsible for deal origination.
- Support deal origination in assessing and screening potential Fund investments which includes but is not limited to reviewing initial due diligence materials and conducting research.
- Support investor relations with preparation of quarterly and annual reports, fund level performance analysis, and responses to due diligence questionnaires and related queries.
- Portfolio management support including document organization and database management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of two years of demonstrated professional experience in roles that required: 1) strong analytical and problem-solving skills, preferably in a financial or investment context and/or 2) design or operational understanding of industrial facilities.
- Extremely well organized, highly motivated and detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to be creative by blending both non-linear and linear thinking.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally, working in a cross-functional small team environment.
- Demonstrated excellent English writing and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for sustainable investing and asset management.
- Team-oriented with ability to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment, which includes ambiguity and changing priorities.
- Must possess an undergraduate degree with a preference for candidates with degrees in: 1) finance, business or equivalent major and/or 2) engineering (chemical, civil, mechanical, environmental, industrial, or a related field).
- Excited about working and living in Portland, Oregon with the ability to travel as needed.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Basic understanding of financial statements.
Total Rewards include competitive benefit package and base salary with potential for performance-based bonus. Benefits include a full array of insurance with a significant employer subsidy (health, dental, vision, disability & life), paid parental leave, tax advantaged savings (HSA, FSA, transportation, dependent care along with 401(K) with company match and bank less PTO.